Care management aims to enhance quality, while containing costs, by enabling better, more proactive planning and coordination of treatments for populations with common conditions, illnesses, and diseases. By taking a more holistic and streamlined approach to the way patients in certain categories are diagnosed and treated, providers can optimize outcomes, while controlling risk, maximizing reimbursements, and improving population health.
Achieving Holistic Patient Care
Effective care management calls for fast access to the highest quality patient data – complete, accurate, and up-to-date. But uncovering patterns, trends, and relationships among certain patient populations is impossible with just an EMR alone. Providers need the ability to monitor patient histories - including treatments delivered by physicians, therapists, and others outside the network - in order to develop holistic, data-driven care plans and efficiently provision related services. This calls for more than just information from EMR systems, it requires access to comprehensive claims data that provides valuable insight into the entire care continuum.
Omni-HealthData: A Complete, Reliable View of Patients
Information Builders’ Omni-HealthData Provider Edition delivers robust integration, data quality, data mastering, and data governance capabilities in a single, fully unified environment. Providers can successfully facilitate data-driven care management by ensuring that all stakeholders have the timely, complete, valid information they need to ensure that common conditions are identified and treated in the most effective, cost-efficient way possible.
Omni-HealthData collects, integrates, cleanses, masters, and harmonizes patient data from a variety of sources, allowing stakeholders to easily retrieve, interact with, and share it. They can engage in data-driven care management and enhance population health by leveraging vital insight to:
- Identify populations of patients with certain diseases and illnesses
- Define appropriate care plans for common conditions
- Proactively target patients for specific treatment programs to increase cost-efficiency
- Monitor patient groups, and their health status, as treatments are delivered – regardless of which provider they visit
- Mitigate risk by encouraging preventative health
- Track costs, outcomes, care utilization, and other performance metrics
- Ensure adherence to care plans
- Enhance communication and information-sharing among care team members